You will take the lead in, as well as contribute to, research, product development, and client discussions. You will be working with team members and groups across the organisation to help develop the business and provide thought leadership to both the organisation and clients. We are a small team and thus it is essential to effectively leverage all available resources.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Support the continued expansion of our existing functionalities predestined for a unique workstation.
- Collaborate with other product and research teams to develop original products as well as identifying opportunities to leverage the existing portfolio to expand the team’s product set.
- Develop, and contribute to, original research, working closely with other teams to develop ideas.
- Work on developing a new framework for doing alpha research for macro markets.
- Explore successful ML techniques which are under utilised by market participants.
- Work closely with the marketing and distribution teams to produce content and evangelise our product set.
- Participate in conferences, client events, and webinars.
- Collaborate with our clients and prospective clients to develop new strategies and opportunities to leverage the firm’s capabilities.
- Guide and mentor team members and help educate the business on the art of the possible.
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- Experience with financial markets, preferably in both quantitative and discretionary trading.
- Deep, hands-on knowledge and understanding of multiple asset classes.
- Understanding of asset allocation and portfolio optimisation techniques.
- Excellent grounding in current leading financial research and a demonstrable ability to develop new areas of research.
- Intellectual rigour and high quality mathematical/analytical skills.
- An independent strategic thinker.
- Great communication skills.
- Proficiency in one or more coding languages (e.g., Python) and the ability to collaborate with more technical colleagues in Enterprai (data scientists and software development engineers).
- A proven track record as a team leader or supervisor.
- Academic background in mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, data science from top academic institution.
How you can really get our attention
A Ph.D or other advanced degree from a highly regarded university in economics, finance or other related degree.
Your research has been published or is otherwise publicly available.